Scottish, c. 1200
The pendant is formed of a circular gold box with a base plate into which a number of different relics are set. A setting for lost fragments of the True Cross sits at the center of the plate. The relics themselves would have been hidden from view, but the wooden cross on the front indicates the holy fragments held within. Two rings on either side of the pendant suggest that it was originally suspended by a chain. Although it was not necessarily worn, it may have been hung above a shrine or an altar.